Sunday, July 02, 2006

Beardsley


Beardsley

Well,well; look at what we have done!!! This is the new member of our family!! Our little boy is a black and silver Miniature Schnauzer and is four months old. We picked him up on Friday from a breeder in Palmdale. She also had a 9 week old puppy but we decided on the little older dog.
He is the mellowest puppy I have ever seen! He is already crate trained so he sleeps in his crate at night with only a couple of wimpers when we first put him in. We were expecting lots of whining and barking but it hasn't happened. At least not yet! He isn't housetrained yet so that will be a joy to do.
He will be a small dog, at the small end of the standard which is 12 - 14 inches. Pretty much a lap dog but he should be sturdy enough to do some hiking with us. We will have to work on getting him in shape as I think he might wish to be a little lazy. I know, a good match of us!! They are said to travel well so we hope to be able to take him most places with us.
As you can see his ears are uncropped and we will be keeping them that way. In past years most of the Schnauzers had the cropped ears but more are going with the uncropped look. We like it a lot better. His right ear might need to be taped so it flops down better and he doesn't have one that sticks up and one that flops down. We will wait for another month and see how it goes and then do something if it needs it.




I still can't believe we have a DOG!! For all of you that have heard me say over and over again, I would never have a dog go ahead and make fun of me!! One of these days I will learn never to say never!! I guess it makes the best sense for a animal that we can take with us when we go places. Oh who knows why but there is it, I have a Dog!! Paul has had several dogs over the years so it isn't that big a deal for him like it is for me. He had no problem with getting one and left it up to me whether we did or not. Such a love. I know I would have gotten a new ferret if they were legal in California but that was just something we didn't want to worry about again.


So this is the beginning of a long story of Beardsley and his "keepers". I'm sure there will unending stories to tell until everyone of you wishes they never heard of this dog!! Hopefully all the stories will be happy and funny and none of them sad. He should live for 12-14 years so we will be long retired by then. He could very well be the only dog we ever have so we are going to enjoy him everyday!!


Momma and her baby


Papa and his little boy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Alright so before I say this Maddie just know you brought it upon yourself............ I KNEW YOU WOULD GET A DOG! HA! I'm sooo excited! I've told you zillions of times you should get a dog! I love them. I'm so excited to meet him! I'm excited for you guys! I'm sure he'll give you a run for your money, as he should :P