Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Jared & Shannen's Visit

For those of you that don't read my other blog, http://craneandandersonfamilynews.blogspot.com/ this is what I wrote today. I think I am going to combine the two blogs so I might get one done more often! I will save this one on the web so we don't lose all the pictures etc. Just change the favorites link from the Crane family to the Crane and Anderson family. You will get more information this way about what your dad is up to!! Thanks.
Shannen came into town with her mom to see Wicked, again. I know, I know, we who are not crazy about musicals will wonder why when they have already seen it would they see it again. Ah, it is not for us to understand these things just to accept them!! Shannen did say it was even better than the production that they saw first so I guess it was worth it. Hey, what can I say when I will sit and watch Back to the Future movies on TV every time they come on!!! All three of them. Jared didn't want to go so he flew in a couple days later. It is so tough being a working stiff, you don't get to take fun vacations every time you want to!!

Paul and I drove out to pick up the kids from their Grandpa's home in Lancaster so they could spend a couple of days with us. Shannen had to fly home on Saturday morning to be in her play. Very sadly on Friday soon after we picked them up their Grandpa died. He had been sick for awhile and it wasn't unexpected but of course very sad for all the family. I had enjoyed talking to him the few times I had met him.

We had a great time with the kids and they did a lot of "memory lane" types of things while they were here. First off they had to have Daddy's famous sandwiches. They are ham and cheese sandwiches that he always used to make them when they were young. Shannen says she tries to make them at home but they never taste the same. Just not the same touch of love in it!! Then we went to see the Simpson's Movie. I guess that is a show they would always watch with their dad. All three of them loved it, me I got through it!! What can I say, I just have no taste!! At night they made and scarfed down the chocolate chip cookies.

Cookies!!!! Give me Cookies!!


Shannen spent a lot of time on the phone talking to her fellow players finding out how the first performance went. She was happy to be here with her dad but she really wanted to be at the play too!



"So tell me, are you nervous? Who is doing our makeup? What do you mean they changed to last dance? I don't even know it now!! How am I going to learn it? etc. etc. "

I have been very slowly making garb for Shannen to wear when she goes to a SCA Event with Darcy and Scott. I have finished all but the vest in this picture. I haven't even touched it since she left but hopefully I will finish it this next week!! I said Hopefully. The green looked great with her pale skin and red hair. She loves her red hair!!

It was a wonderful visit even if it was short. Here are the three Cranes.

This takes us to Saturday morning when Paul took Shannen down to LAX to fly home and my next post will cover the afternoon and the extra special celebration we went to.

(Click any of the pictures to enlarge)

No comments: